Coverstar automatic pool cover sliders won't stay in the track

On both sides we had to fold it back about 4 inches on the leading bar away from the leading bar assembly- which is designed to move in and out. The fabric was very tight and completely covering that assembly. The way it is designed, It makes it very easy for this to happen. I believe that "tug of war" is what caused the other slider assemblies to crack in the first place. I may have to actually cut away the excess fabric as I am not sure it will stay folded back with continued movement.

Reactions: Arizonarob
I’m glad they provided useful information over the phone for you.

Update- My cover is a wreck. Since I posted this, the cover stopped at 2/3 way closed and would open but not close. We manually pulled it closed for safety reasons while I called a repair tech. They kept telling me they would be here but never showed up for 3 weeks. It is obvious the sliders falling in was due to another reason. So I called someone else out and in 10 minutes they said the motor needs replacing. The motor hums but will not move the cover. Any suggestions? What happened to the motor??

It's way too complicated to diagnose over the internet.

It's installed incorrectly.

You need someone who knows what they're doing to go over everything and install it correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.