Hendersonville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey folks, expecting temps down in to the single digits here in Nashville over next couple of days. Been reading for months how to be prepared. Just covered my equipment pad with a tarp to help trap heat. We have now received 3 alarms for MSP_DEV_COMM_LOSS HUA:VSP. This is accompanied with a Flowsensor: No Water Flow FlowSensor. When I uncover a portion of the equipment the error subsides. The area I uncovered has power to the pump, pump control wire and temperature sensor. Is it possible that static from the tarp is generating interference with a sensor, board or etc? Please note the water flow sensor is still covered and the main control unit is not covered.

Any thoughts? I would prefer to cover equipment for “practice” given this is our first season, but am willing to leave it uncovered if there are no other ideas.

Thank you in advance!

The issue is likely a coincidence. I have had this happen a couple of times in the past. Both times the fix was to shutdown the Omnilogic from the control panel then power back up. Good luck!

The issue is likely a coincidence. I have had this happen a couple of times in the past. Both times the fix was to shutdown the Omnilogic from the control panel then power back up. Good luck!
I did that very thing when it first started. Unfortunately we received 5 COMM errors and 3 Flow Sensors errors overnight. What is odd is that the pump is on currently but we did not receive any “clear” messages. Just enough here to make me extremely nervous. Thinking I’m going to completely uncover it just to make sure that is not the issue. It will be down in to the single digits and not back above freezing for next 2 days. Less than ideal to be experiencing the problem.

I did that very thing when it first started. Unfortunately we received 5 COMM errors and 3 Flow Sensors errors overnight. What is odd is that the pump is on currently but we did not receive any “clear” messages. Just enough here to make me extremely nervous. Thinking I’m going to completely uncover it just to make sure that is not the issue. It will be down in to the single digits and not back above freezing for next 2 days. Less than ideal to be experiencing the problem.
Feels like I have found the issue. The data lead for the pump had too much sheathing cut from the wires. When the wire was moved I could clearly see the red and black lead touching. Cleaned that up and we’ll keep a watch on it. Feel good about this!

Reactions: Freddypop
Success folks. It was definitely the data wires shorting out on the pump. No errors in 32 hours and pump humming along. Temp got down to 9 last night so thankful to have gotten past this. Maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.