Cover blew off during wind storm, anything to help before spring?

z33tec

Jul 7, 2016
NY
So we had a really bad wind storm. Not going to complain too much since people have trees laying on their house and stuff. My winter cover blew off and ended up in the pool, and with it, some swamp water and 100 lbs of leaves.

The water is borderline ice right now (was frozen this morning).

Can I just leave the cover off for the rest of the winter and say forget it til spring? No point in covering the murky water now I assume.

Also, would there be any point of adding chlorine to the mix of frozen water? I'm no rocket chemist... Does chlorine even work in freezing water when nothing actively growing?

Any tips to make my spring nightmare a bit easier appreciated! Will try to just get as many of the leaves out as I can and call it a day for now.

Just forget you’ve got a pool for now but be prepared for a ton of work in the Spring. You’re gonna need to remove those leaves next year and a SLAM is in your future…..but worry about it when it’s warm and not frozen.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.