Couple of winter questions :)

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
Good evening folks. So I am proud to say I havent had the need to post here in a while (with problems of my own haha).
Just back with a question about winter time :)

So I live in a northern state (iowa) and thus , we turn off our exterior hoses as part of our winterization...
Where do you northerners get water for filling the tub in the winter? Im mostly concerned with evaporation. Its been a few weeks since Ive added water, and im down an inch or two, and need to refill.

Thats about it :) I am super happy to have dialed my tub in . I need to take a full range of readings soon (gone next couple of days) to verify its still solid. Im guessing ive had some movement with CYA etc a bit (havent checked in 2 weeks).

Hope all is well with you guys and gals :)

I mean maybe i can check with my builder to see if they put them in.. its a house we built (not cheaply haha). they may already do that. but also good idea turning off and on. I also have a garage hot and cold line that I could technically drop a hose all the way around the house. Not ideal though.
With regard to the hose bib replacement, I dont have access to the other side of the faucet, its on an exterior concrete wall.

I mean maybe i can check with my builder to see if they put them in.. its a house we built (not cheaply haha). they may already do that. but also good idea turning off and on. I also have a garage hot and cold line that I could technically drop a hose all the way around the house. Not ideal though.
With regard to the hose bib replacement, I dont have access to the other side of the faucet, its on an exterior concrete wall.

They may say frost free on the handle, otherwise if they dribble after turned off for a bit they are frost free and you are good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.