Cost to replace pool heater & re-configure equipment layout

Bsw71

Jun 13, 2013
Hello all,

I need to replace my gas pool heater and, due to newer regulations here in Texas, most companies won't install a new one in the same location as the current one due to its proximity to a window. According to current regulations, a pool heater must not be within 4 feet of a window. So I need to ether a) re-configure the layout & install the new heater on the opposite side of the filter or b) take the section of wood fence down and install a new heater on the same side as the current one, but move it a couple of feet back. This means I'd need to add a few extra feet of side fence & move the front fence over to accommodate the new heater location. Has anyone done this? What should I expect to pay? Here are a few pictures of my current setup, and click here for the heater I'm looking at as a replacement.
IMG_5214.jpgIMG_5214.jpgIMG_5213.jpgIMG_5212.jpgIMG_5211.jpg

Yeah, that's a tough one. Not only is your heater too close to the window, it's way too close to that wood fence. We have the same code (4ft from the window plus 18" from any combustible surface). Something's gotta give! If there's room to do it, I'd move the fence rather than have the heater in front of the rest of the equipment. Might be a good time to look at a total reconfiguration of the equipment to see if any alternatives pop up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.