San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I will be switching from a 2 speed pump to a Pentair VSF-011056 later this week. I also have an already installed Hayward AquaRite Pro ARQ9 SWG. I have a few questions.

1. What flow rate is required to have the SWG produce chlorine?

2. Will chlorine generation be the same at low flows as it was with my old pump at high speed?

3. Wiring - I am naturally (if only marginally) concerned about reported explosion risk. I have searched all over the internet looking for an easy and cost effective way to manage the pump and SWG together. I can across the attached drawing of a wiring schematic using an Intermatic timer, which I already have. Will the wiring configuration shown allow the pump to be powered all the time while also turning the SWG on and off based on the pumps status?

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• timer wiring for SWG ANF VSP.jpg
    timer wiring for SWG ANF VSP.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 46
  1. You'll have to experiment with pump speed. Start at 1,000 RPM and work up from there until the flow switch remains open. Then add 100 RPM for minimum speed with SWG.
  2. Yes
  3. For a standard mechanical Intermatic 220-240v timer, there are five terminals. Ignore the first one. The remaining are labeled 1-4. Connect your pump to line-in terminals 1 and 3 for constant power. Connect the SWG to load terminals 2 and 4 for timed power.

Reactions: TC_Bucks
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.