amymeme

Jun 10, 2008
Finger Lakes, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our existing coping (the white plastic sort of stuff, one piece bullnose with liner track) has several cracks in it. Interestingly, I discovered that the last liner replacement did not attach the liner to the coping at all but installed something called "vertical extrusion" for a track to install the liner. Our quote calls for that to be replaced if need be and is an add on option. My question is - we have an existing concrete deck , 36" wide along sides with elongated ends for seating/tables. The concrete is still in serviceable condition with a few cracks but no spalling as well as repair spots from line work. I stumbled on "renovation coping" poking around the site and my mind is...getting active. Is it possible to put some sort of paver/stone look coping over the existing, basically useless, coping and then cover the existing concrete with...something, pavers/stone etc?

Without making husband faint when I approach him with the possibilities?

Here's only close up I have of coping (ignore the bucket, my feeble attempt at filtering iron🙄.)

Attachments

• Pool with iron filter.jpg
    Pool with iron filter.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Extension ring on skimmer. As long as concrete doesnt shift or serious cracks they will hold up. Usually recommended to have rebar in the deck underneath for longterm success. Some L coping is larger than others, you can float the pavers with sand over the old deck with those amd just mortar the coping down. I've seen them but never done one myself, I deal with new installs only these days

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.