Cooling pool. Is there a fountain that will fit in the polaris port?

May 24, 2015
Columbus, MS
We are having record temperatures and my pool is way to hot! Feels like a hot bath. This is an inground 16*32 that goes from 3ft shallow end to 8 ft deep. I have a bottom drain, one skimmer, 2 returns and a polaris return. The pool does not currently have a booster pump and the polaris return pushes water when the pump is running.

My first thought was a solar fountain. I'm interested on feedback of models and if they work. My amazon search seems to just show bird bath fountains and fountains to hook into one of my returns.

This brought me to my second idea, does anyone know of a fountain that fits into the polaris return or a fitting for the polaris return that would make a fountain work?

I really don't want to install something into one of the other returns because the water rotation is great and pushes most of the leaves and debris to the skimmer.

Any ideas or creative solutions are appreciated!

Well, I can't speak for the Polaris, but I just started this tonight. Our water temp was approaching 98, so I needed some relief. This allows the air to cool the water a bit and gently land onto the surface without creating strong aeration that can influence pH. It's best in the early morning hours when the air is slightly cooler, but I had to start this evening.

full

full

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thank you YippeeSkippy! I posted on your previous thread but want to reply here. This is perfect! I have to go to Lowes for other items tomorrow and will pick up the pipe. I still have the polaris fitting from the previous owner, just not the polaris. I noticed that the other post said the pipe connected to the polaris port was not glued. How does it stay on? I may have misunderstood. Thank you so much!

I'm a bit late, but here is the Polaris socket fountain that I use. The wall socket has to be aligned just right so the fountain is vertical, but that is easy. I used threads on the top 90 so it is adjustable, my stream is so high that a breeze can push the water out of the pool, so I need to adjust it based on the wind direction.

IMG_20190723_203825.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.