Converting my suction line to a pressure line

Ketch_xxii

Sep 5, 2019
Houston tx
Hello,

1st time posting, I have searched as to not duplicate but can not find a post on my issue. I just recently bought a home with a pool, I have owned a pool for several years but they always had a booster pump and a pressure line/port. This pool only has a suction port, it has a fitting/cap in the pool that stays closed when not in use. My question is can I convert this to a pressure port?

I assume by a little plumbing, tapping into my return line with a T fitting and installing a booster pump this should be fairly easy. Just want to make sure it’s possible before I start. I am not sure on the pressure line port size and or pvc pipe size but assume it’s the standard size of 1.5”. If possible with the plumbing and converting over at my pad, any suggestions on how to remove the insert that has the cap on it on my suction port? I would need to get this out without damaging the actual port in order to place in the converter piece that my pressure vac would attach too. Would the suction cap piece just screw In like any other or are they traditionally attached with like a glue etc as in combining pvc?

Any advice or suggestions would be great and thanks for taking time to read my post. Just figured I might wanna ask around before I just go to trying to make sure there’s nothing that would prevent this from working.

Thanks in advance and I will try to respond promptly!!

Or you could just save yourself some work and some electricity in the long run - get a robot that plugs into an outlet. Robots use 12-24 volts while operating and don't require the main pump to be on while using. No booster pump either. They do a real good job at cleaning too. Lots of threads in the Pool Cleaners forum.

Or you could just save yourself some work and some electricity in the long run - get a robot that plugs into an outlet. Robots use 12-24 volts while operating and don't require the main pump to be on while using. No booster pump either. They do a real good job at cleaning too. Lots of threads in the Pool Cleaners forum.
Yes I have a Polaris robot now. Had to get it when we bought the place as this pool didn’t have a pressure line and I’m not a fan of suction cleaners. Just more of a hassle dragging it in and out to use it is all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.