Sep 10, 2019
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all, I used my intellichem system for the last 2 years mostly successfully but this year I used dramatically more Cl so have messed with things a bunch. My plan is to use it to sense and adjust pH because it does well there but only use the CL side to pump a preset CL volume by controlling the dose/daily max.

My question is on the low side FC. My CYA is 40 and the last few days I have been waking up to FC = ~2.5 (no CC). The system is adding 80oz of liquid each morning, which takes me up to about 5.4 (this matches what Poolmath says it should be after 80oz). That means my Cl burn off is about 3.

Should I increase my dosage to get that min morning number up a bit or should I maybe bump CYA up to 50. I am trying to get my Cl consumption minimized.

Thoughts?

The higher the CYA, the less FC you will use per day. How high you go is up to you but I would not go higher than 60 ppm with manual dosing.

I guess i wasnt really clear. I was more curious if I should try to keep my min higher than 2.5 if Im losing ~3 per day....around say 3.5-4 to keep me from going to 0.

You always want to keep the minimum FC daily level above the range minimum in the FC/CYA table which is 3 ppm for a CYA of 40 ppm.

But I would measure the FC at dusk and then early morning to see if there is loss overnight. You might have something else going on.

You always want to keep the minimum FC daily level above the range minimum in the FC/CYA table which is 3 ppm for a CYA of 40 ppm.

But I would measure the FC at dusk and then early morning to see if there is loss overnight. You might have something else going on.
OCLT showed 0.3ish when I check a few weeks back so with CC of 0, i should be good.

Reactions: mas985
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.