Controlling Green Algae

If your pump is off-line and you need to protect against algae, just use a long handled brush to mix liquid chlorine in. And your robot, and maybe a sump pump.....you want to keep the FC normal and use anything you can to move that water around.

You'll lose filtration sparkle but you shouldn't get algae. 🤞

Maddie 🖖

Reactions: Mdragger88
Maddie, as always appreciate it, I replaced capacitor and the pump is back online. Was offline for two days that were not too sunny. Today is very hot and sunny, so glad it is all back working normally and the pool is sparkling blue with plenty of FC. !

I have inherited a pretty decent (newer) Polaris 280 but for the past 6 months have been trying to figure out why it is moving slow, but cant figure it out. Replaced almost everything in that Polaris and it is still moving slow. I know the pressure coming from the booster pump is significant and my pressure reducing valve is releasing a strong stream on a closed knot (note, I did not put the blue disk in the wall, since Polaris has been moving slow without a disk, and not moving with the disk in).

Meanwhile I purchased one of a cheap (generic) suction cleaner, and that has worked wonders for me. Seems like pressure vacuum Polaris 280 booster operated is overpriced and overvalued and a simple suction cleaner is a much better gadget for the pool. Is it just me (lack of knowledge of how to use it or make it work), or is there a fair consensus on the topic here?

Maddie, as always appreciate it, I replaced capacitor and the pump is back online. Was offline for two days that were not too sunny. Today is very hot and sunny, so glad it is all back working normally and the pool is sparkling blue with plenty of FC. !

I have inherited a pretty decent (newer) Polaris 280 but for the past 6 months have been trying to figure out why it is moving slow, but cant figure it out. Replaced almost everything in that Polaris and it is still moving slow. I know the pressure coming from the booster pump is significant and my pressure reducing valve is releasing a strong stream on a closed knot (note, I did not put the blue disk in the wall, since Polaris has been moving slow without a disk, and not moving with the disk in).

Meanwhile I purchased one of a cheap (generic) suction cleaner, and that has worked wonders for me. Seems like pressure vacuum Polaris 280 booster operated is overpriced and overvalued and a simple suction cleaner is a much better gadget for the pool. Is it just me (lack of knowledge of how to use it or make it work), or is there a fair consensus on the topic here?
The pressure cleaners kinda stink for what they cost and how not very well they work. Robots are light years ahead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.