Construction mess

DLSDO

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Midwest
So I was warned about the mess created with a gunite pool construction. Infact we have had landscapers since May doing heavy duty construction in our yard..walls, steps, boulders..etc. BUT...the mess the pool guys created in one day made the landscapers look like they were never here. Oh my!! Beyond my wildest dreams. Mounds of concrete in the yard, rebar, conduit...etc. Please someone tell me this is normal and expected and it will all get cleaned up later.

Sanity check :shock:

Thanks

Actually, there should be lots of mud, and some debris, but you should not have mounds of concrete or re-bar, etc. They will send a crew to clean up at various stages as some accumulation is expected but it sounds to me like they are not even doing a general clean up at the end of the day. They should have more respect for your property.

I would tell owner or supervisor that you expect your yard to be left in better condition. jmo.

Edit: Based on the pictures in your build thread, I don't see anything too egregious. I'm assuming there was more mess than can be seen in those shots.

I will post some pics tommorrow.

The pump was placed in the front yard on the "construction road". The road is now blocked by mounds of gunite. Similar situation in the back yard by the pool. They will need to bring in a bobcat to clean it up. I think the pump got backed up due to the distance form the pump to the pool.

I will call my pb and inquire. What I am hoping is that he is planning to clean it up when he brings in the heavy equipment again.

My backyard was a complete and utter mess until final clean-up right before they plastered. It was very depressing (12 weeks). They did do a post gunite clean-up, but that didn't last long when the other subs came and made their mess.

I want to give the pb the benefit of the doubt. I know they had troubles with the pump clogging due to the distance of the run. It will require a bobcat to remove the mounds of concrete. I am hoping they will clean it up when they bring back the heavy equipment.

I called the pb yesterday. We will see what he does. Here are some pics.

I am trying to keep my cool. The pool sure looks nice so far.

Front yard construction road. Where the pump was sitting.
pool039.jpg

pool037.jpg

pool040.jpg

pool041.jpg

pool042.jpg

Backyard around the pool.
pool048.jpg

pool047.jpg

pool046.jpg

They shot the gunite on Thursday. Pulled off the forms on friday. I left my pb a message over the weekend inquiring about the mess and they were out on Monday with a bobcat cleaning up.

Looks 100% better!!

Not sure if they had planned to clean up then or if my call prompted them. I will assume its the former.

Just thought I would follow up my original post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.