Construction concerns

lowellp25

May 30, 2019
Tallahassee, FL
Hello all,

We're nearing the end of our pool project and noticed two issues with the shell. In the first picture, we seem to have water coming from the soil through the shell. We just had drip lines installed for plants on the other side of the shell and started noticing water seeping into the shell after the drip line has been run for awhile. I assume that water leaking in means that it can also leak out - is this a serious problem? The water appears to be coming in through a light conduit on the left, and a vertical hairline crack on the right, in the attached picture.

Also, the pool depth was not set correctly so our contractor pinned rebar to the bottom of the shell and added several inches to correct the depth. However, it appears that there are several large cracks (large enough to almost fit a quarter into) in the new shotcrete layer. I don't recall seeing any cracks in the original shell bottom. Should we be worried about these cracks?

Thank you in advance for any advice or wisdom you are able to share!Image.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Your pool shell is not waterproof. The plaster makes it waterproof. Weeping is normal.

I can't really speak to the crack issue other than to say i wouldn't have had it done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.