Constant daily low free chlorine!!!

If you determine that you really do have a bioflim problem, note that you're in good company -- I had a brand spanking new hot springs Grande delivered with actively growing biofilms, and, well as you can see if you decided to read my blog post (the link to which I posted earlier), I learned "the hard way" if you will, and boy did I learn about biofilms and ahh-some :). good luck in your purge experience if you can't solve the decay problem with CYA -- your goal is to purge until you have ahh-some dosed water, filters installed in their normal positions, and the water is completely without visible contaminants. some tips

- keep some ahh-some water in a bucket to wipe surfaces/cover
- dose 10-15ppm FC along with ahh-some
- clean your filters normally, then throw them into the spa vessel while it is still dosed with ahh-some.
- when your filters are clean, set them aside until you get no visible contaminant release. then put them into their normal positions.

ahh- ok well you've done the due diligence then, and ruled out the non-biofilm sources of sanitizer decay

I didn't rule out anything. Bio-films are an ongoing never-ending issue is my position.

It sounds to me like you've ruled out any effect CYA has on spa water above 8ppm.

The original poster is welcome to do as they like.

*edit* I realize that delleno was not responding to me. I misunderstood their comment. I apologize.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.