Connectin Hayware Aquarite AQR940 Salt Chlorinator to existingHayward Smart Omni Hub

May 22, 2018
Oklahoma City/OK
Just purchased Hayward AQR940 Chlorinator with intent to connect to my existing Hayward Omni Hub. the AQR940 does not have the Omni daughter bd installed. Do I need to now purchase the HLAQRPCB Omni daugher bd for it to work with the AQR940 or should I return the AQR940 and purchase the AquaRite 940 w/ OmniHub Smart Pool Control (Expert Line)Item #HLAQR940?

Sorry this has not been answered.. Not many people have installed the Omnihub themselves, mostly done by installers... It sounds like both ways may work for you.. :)

Just purchased Hayward AQR940 Chlorinator with intent to connect to my existing Hayward Omni Hub. the AQR940 does not have the Omni daughter bd installed. Do I need to now purchase the HLAQRPCB Omni daugher bd for it to work with the AQR940 or should I return the AQR940 and purchase the AquaRite 940 w/ OmniHub Smart Pool Control (Expert Line)Item #HLAQR940?
Doesn’t the 940 with omnihub come with a whole new hub set up? Or is it all integrated into the salt control box?
I would assume it’s less expensive to just buy the daughter board.

If you already have the Omni Hub you need the daughterboard to connect the Aquarite to the Omni Hub. No sense getting the AquaRite with Omni since then you'll have two Omni Hubs that won't work together. You can use the AquaRite without the daughterboard, you'll just need to manually control it and won't be able to see it or adjust it through the Omni App.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.