Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi,
I have had almost 1 year of trouble free pool use. I noticed a rust colored stain near the water inlet. I was advised to use Stainfree extra strength, then Metal free as maintenance. It worked great. My plan was to clean the filters a week later (today) I slowly brought the FC to 3-4 after it was at 1.4-1.8 for a few days. I noticed spotty green on the walls and bottom so we brushed again and I shocked with sodium dichloro 58%. My water is light green and cloudy this morning. I cleaned my filters and the filter is running.
FC=3.6, PH=7.4, Alk=120, calcium = 320, CYA= off the charts!
Help!

You can try a diluted CYA test to get a more accurate measure, but you need to replace some water anyway. I would start with a 50% water replacement and try again. And you will need to increase that FC level up to around 10 for now.

Your free chlorine is below the minimum for "off the charts" cya. As bandit suggested, replace 50% water asap. If it isn't possible right now get that chlorine up to at least shock level for 100 cya until you can 1. Verify what it really is 2. Drain and replace.

don't forget to drop your ph to 7.2 first though before you shock it.

Got it, that makes sense. Now what is the best way to drain water?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a hose bib located on the way from the pump to the filter, can I connect a hose to it?

Set your multiport valve from filter to waste and set your jandy valve to 100% to the main floor drain or turn off the flow from all skimmers and then turn the pump on. If you don't have a dedicated waste pipe, then you will need to use a waste hose (blue collapsable hose) to run it away from the pool.

Thanks for the info.
i drained 50% of my water Saturday and the CYA was at 100
i drained 60% Sunday and CYA is 50 now. My well water PH is 7.6 so I have added acid to drop it to 7.2-7.4. FC is 7.6 right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.