Confused about using Automatic Pool Cleaner

Aug 27, 2016
Duncanville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The reason why I don't use an automatic pool cleaner is because I only have one return line and don't want to deal with hooking and unhooking the hose when in use or not in use. What method do you guys use? I would be getting the Polaris Vac-sleep for above ground vinyl pools. I currently use a hand vacuum that attaches to my pole.

Why not get a robot made for above ground pools? Dolphin makes smaller units (Dolphin Escape / E10 / S100) for AGP's and then you wouldn't need the pump to run at all.

The other option would be to get a suction-side cleaner that uses a special skimmer plate to attach to your skimmer. Both Pentair and Hayward make several different styles of suction cleaner.

Reactions: damon5683
Why not get a robot made for above ground pools? Dolphin makes smaller units (Dolphin Escape / E10 / S100) for AGP's and then you wouldn't need the pump to run at all.

The other option would be to get a suction-side cleaner that uses a special skimmer plate to attach to your skimmer. Both Pentair and Hayward make several different styles of suction cleaner.
Those are all very expensive and don't I still have to hook a hose up to the return line?

Those are all very expensive and don't I still have to hook a hose up to the return line?

No. A robot does attach to your filtration system at all. It is a self contained, electrically powered cleaner.

A suction side cleaner attached to your pool pump's suction side either through a dedicated wall port OR via the skimmer.

Can someone tell me the difference between the dolphin series? Especially the difference between the escape and dolphin nautilus? I have an above ground 22 feet circular pool and I would like to get a robotic cleaner but I want to get the correct one. Can anyone give some information or suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.