Confirm my numbers

Hi, can you take a picture with a piece of white paper between the block and bright light? Those will be your true (and easiest) readings :)

And yes, your PH does need to be brought up some, is the pool swimmable temp? Everyone can get in and splash the water around!

Ohhh I dumped it. Let me go do it again. One second.
It’s like 75 degrees last time I checked the temp. I don’t know what is considered swim able but my daughter is so excited I don’t think she would care. LOL
Well, usually 82+, lol, but for PH reasons, she can "hop" in, but will probably jump right back out! lol

She can splash and raise the PH through "aeration" :D I prefer using washing soda (it's also recommended through PoolMath ) but we don't know your TA. I don't want to suggest that overshoot PH/TA and have a PH rollercoaster :)

Am I supposed to check TA? I went by the seasonal pool instructions here and so far have tested CYA, pH, and chlorine. Should I do the rest? Or swim for awhile today and check it again this evening?
Go swim and enjoy the (probably frigid) POOL! heehee
:D You guys will be fine for now, once everything settles after swimming, re-check the PH and FC. The TA "simply" affects how fast the PH will rise or fall :)

So you have room to add a little Super Washing Soda (yes the stuff from the laundry aisle), but for now, you can go swimming!! Again, it's gonna be chilly I bet! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You mean more Borax? I can handle that. Haha.

Is there a recommended scale to weigh the dry chemicals? I just have this goofy kitchen scale. There’s gotta be a better way.
Yes you can use Borax, remember to keep a record how how much was added :)
If you use the online PoolMath, it will give you the volume or weight equivalent, most are pretty close and you don't have to be scientific accurate, as long as you don't heavily overshoot!

Put the info into the pool math app...pH and TA. I weighed out the amount the app said to add. I added it. Now I think it’s overshot. This test was about an hour after adding it.

Attachments

• AD91592F-6785-4159-9E4A-CDC09B4469D1.jpeg
    AD91592F-6785-4159-9E4A-CDC09B4469D1.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 5
Put the info into the pool math app...pH and TA. I weighed out the amount the app said to add. I added it. Now I think it’s overshot. This test was about an hour after adding it.
Higher PH is okay for vinyl, but if it doesn't start to come down, you can dose partial doses of muriatic acid as needed. Definitely try to use half what is recommended and give it time to mix in. I think borates can only be removed by draining. That is why I prefer washing soda, it might raise both PH & TA, but it can be managed without extra tests :) (simply a personal preference)

I didn’t get overexcited to correct the pH and it’s more like 7.6 today. My chlorine dropped to 0.5 though. I put that number in with the goal of 5 and put in that much chlorine, hoping to swim in a little while. Should I retest later tonight and slam it? I read if it gets lower than 3 to do the slam?

I didn’t get overexcited to correct the pH and it’s more like 7.6 today. My chlorine dropped to 0.5 though. I put that number in with the goal of 5 and put in that much chlorine, hoping to swim in a little while. Should I retest later tonight and slam it? I read if it gets lower than 3 to do the slam?
Maintain your FC for your CYA/40 using this FC/CYA Levels. Enjoy your pool! The SLAM Process is only needed if the pool is cloudy (or green) or not holding chlorine otherwise :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.