Concrete pool slide

Aug 3, 2018
Menifee
Hi all,
What an amazing forum love reading all the info and learning about my new (to me) pool. First time pool owner and have another question.
I have a concrete slide and I need to seal it (re-gloss it). I talked to the previous home owners who installed it and asked what they have done in the past (they said they have never done anything with it)
I have read people using regular concrete sealer (I. E. From home Depot /Lowe's) but question is...
Does it matter if it is solvent or water base since they haven't sealed it before (other than what builder did)
Top of slide looking down... Sorry phone was sideways
GT2CC6a.jpg

Bottom of slide
BLsIJz6.jpg

Close up of bottom of slide
zgEFejR.jpg

Overall view
ioLMrJP.jpg

Sodium Silicate liquid is good to seal any porous stone or concrete materials. You begin by mixing it with water (1 part s/s 4 parts h2o) for the first coat then reduce the water for the next coat and so on and so on....... You can end up with a matt finish or if you keep going a glossy finish. Probably glossy is better for a slide?
I think they used to call in "water glass" back in the day ;D
Peter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.