Comm error 1 from power outage.

Apr 16, 2012
The power was out for about an hour. There was a power surge when it came back on. Internet out for 4 hours, etc. Now the Goldyne panel says "Comm err 1. Call 888-921-7665. The panel only beeps. No buttons respond. Not even the red service buttons. I have tried to turn off power at breaker. Disconnect both panels (regular and remote) and nothing happens. Still locked and only beeps. Is there a way to reset this system?IMG_20210729_110205.jpg

I wish I could help with the error but I can not..

I can help with what I think happened.. That surge probably fried the system.. Do you have a surge protector on your pump? or whole house?

I have one on my pump, my house and my AC system.. also I have a 12 port plug in surge protector on every single plug in my house... It has stopped every kind of surge so far and we get these type off, on, off, brown out, black out, over voltage, you name it here in Ok because of all the storms... My power goes out 2 to 5 times a month for 10 months a year...

I would recommend these to start.. at least the whole house or the pool one...

Is the panel in your photo wired or wireless?

It looks like you have a Hayward/Goldline aqualogic? Give us some more details on your system...

Well, if anyone is interested in the final outcome. I received the board from Amazon a new (blemished) board and it did not work either. i called out a service company since i was out of ideas. I out thge original board back in so it would be exactlyas it was after the power outage. And guess what? i found a burned connector Possibly a short. I cleaned it up, bent it straight so it was not touching the housing and it all worked. I canceled the service call, returned the new board and it's working fine. I guess the suggestion to get a surge protector is a good one.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I think it happens way more than people think.. I tend to be a little overkill, ok, maybe way overkill but it has been years since anything of mine has fried.. :)

Reactions: rogerxcohn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.