Bradenton Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Moved in last July and had to SLAM for the first time as days lengthened and warmed up this month in Florida. I used my TF-100 kit to monitor and after two days at FC 22-24 it is now crystal clear and CC is zero. CYA started somewhere between 50-60 but I wasn't absolutely sure about how to read the test.

Anyway, my real questions
  1. Ph was between 7.6 and 7.8 before I started but now seems to be 8.2. FC is 19 at the moment. I read here that the test is affected by the SLAM. When should it be reliable?
  2. I had my SWG running during the SLAM. Should I turn it off until FC gets below 10? Looks like I dropped about 4 overnight.
  3. When reading CYA should the dot totally obscured or is a shadow ok? I'm also wondering if holding the tube about my brilliantly white sink makes a difference.

Moved in last July and had to SLAM for the first time as days lengthened and warmed up this month in Florida. I used my TF-100 kit to monitor and after two days at FC 22-24 it is now crystal clear and CC is zero. CYA started somewhere between 50-60 but I wasn't absolutely sure about how to read the test.

Anyway, my real questions
  1. Ph was between 7.6 and 7.8 before I started but now seems to be 8.2. FC is 19 at the moment. I read here that the test is affected by the SLAM. When should it be reliable?
  2. I had my SWG running during the SLAM. Should I turn it off until FC gets below 10? Looks like I dropped about 4 overnight.
  3. When reading CYA should the dot totally obscured or is a shadow ok? I'm also wondering if holding the tube about my brilliantly white sink makes a difference.
Have you passed an overnight chlorine loss test? If not then you are not done with the SLAM. The OCLT cannot be done with the SWG on.

If you quit early, you risk starting all over again. Make sure to do the OCLT.

Reactions: Newdude
PH reading is not reliable when FC is 10+. You have to wait for FC to come down to test PH. The experts here say don't worry about PH during the SLAM. You are supposed to lower it to 7.2 before the SLAM, but too late for that.

Reactions: Bperry and Newdude
OCLT was 1 and the water is still clear with nothing disturbed by my morning brush down. I'll wait until FC is back below 10 before turning the SWG back on.

+1. You passed, but Cs don't get degrees here. :ROFLMAO:

I always advise holding SLAM a day or two extra whenever there is a shred of concern. The FC holds well at that point and the effort needed is a fraction of what's needed to start over in a few weeks.

Reactions: jpoulos2000 and kul
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.