Collapsing Poll and hole damage

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
I was reading this post looking to see what others have done. As a quick test I tried putting some painters tape on the upper inside of the tightening lock. I saw a dramatic improvement in "slippage" ... not perfect, but perhaps tape all around the inside might be better.

Also, my home depot pole is 5 months old and for a while I've noticed the hole where the vacuum, brush, net is connected. The hole and outer edge of the poll now has really sharp edges that I file down so I don't get cut.

I this normal to happen so fast?
Am I being too aggressive when I brush?

IMG_3052.jpgIMG_3053.jpg

Are the pins that slip in the holes made of metal? Mine are plastic so they would break off before elongating the holes.
my set up is two years old and from the get go, no matter how tight I made the compression, the pole would keep slipping especially after it got wet. I think your on to something with the tape. Anybody have a longer lasting fix? Thanks yorker for the idea. My brain is on overdrive.

Are the pins that slip in the holes made of metal? Mine are plastic so they would break off before elongating the holes.
my set up is two years old and from the get go, no matter how tight I made the compression, the pole would keep slipping especially after it got wet. I think your on to something with the tape. Anybody have a longer lasting fix? Thanks yorker for the idea. My brain is on overdrive.

Thanks, all my pins are plastic. Glad you brought that up, when I went to check I discovered that my Whale Tail pins are half way cut through from rubbing against the sharp edges. Hopefully there is a replacement part for that.

York

IMG_3054.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.