RTY

Jul 1, 2022
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had issues with the undersized pump and filter. I purchased the vevor 2hp single speed pump and the vevor 150 filter. I am re—plumbing the system with hard pvc and using flexible pvc for the hoses. So the existing male fitting are metric or just an odd size. I have most of it figured out with the exception to the male connector on the outlet pressure side where the hose from the filter connects and the hose fittings between the inlet and the pump. Can you suggest how to convert the fitting. Also using 1.5” pvc. Thank you

Been there, done that. I was sometimes able to add a second rubber gasket and get it to snug up enough to prevent leaks. The problem is that the thread pitch is different on the pool fittings than standard. So you can get it started but it won't tighten all the way up before it binds.

But the ultimate fix was to replace the return eyeball with a Hayward model that had a standard threading. It had the added benefit of swivelling so I could aim it to circulate the water better.

If you don't have a thru the wall skimmer like a Hayward Dynaskim, you should consider one while you're redoing all your plumbing. It does a much better job of keeping the pool clean, plus mine came with the return eyeball and a vacuum adapter plate.

Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer https://a.co/d/0TOfE9k

Last edited:
Reactions: Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.