Cloudy water!!!

What you may be seeing is dead algae. Some algae can't be seen until it has grown significant colonies. For example, your liner might feel slimy, but won't be green. When you kill the algae, it will sometimes cloud the water. The important thing is to keep an eye on that FC level, and keep it above shock levels.

Also, if you only have a minor algae bloom, it will just look a little murky, but when you hit it with SLAM level chlorine, it starts dying off and turns your water milky. For the water to look worse before it is better is the norm.

Oh I know the feeling! Going through it now. So far 7.5 gallons of 10% chlorine. 2.5 gallons is $4.75 here. Overall I'm getting off pretty cheap. I may go pickup some DE alternative (cellulose) It's worked well in the past with fine stuff. Guess I'll run to Home Depot and get some DE and MA.

Keep up with the SLAM. It will work out.

I posted to your question about the LQ (I think that was you?). I used to have one, hope I can help with that too. I do still have "access" to my LQ, I installed it on a friend's pool. My pool was too dang big for the LQ to save me any time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I posted to your question about the LQ (I think that was you?). I used to have one, hope I can help with that too. I do still have "access" to my LQ, I installed it on a friend's pool. My pool was too dang big for the LQ to save me any time.
Yep we got it fixed!!! Thank you for the help. Good grief , 44,000 gallons; that thing is huge. I can only imagine how much bleach you would go through on a daily basis.

Oh I know the feeling! Going through it now. So far 7.5 gallons of 10% chlorine. 2.5 gallons is $4.75 here. Overall I'm getting off pretty cheap. I may go pickup some DE alternative (cellulose) It's worked well in the past with fine stuff. Guess I'll run to Home Depot and get some DE and MA.

Keep up with the SLAM. It will work out.

To me that's cheap. If I buy 10.5% at my local pool store, it's $3.75 per gallon. Seems really high to me but I pay almost $3 per gallon for 8% bleach.

Just wondering if someone can help me? My pool is about 25 years old. It hadnt been open an ran for about 7 years. 2 Seasons ago I opened it and it was a swamp to say the least...Used new sand, pool was clear and sparkly relatively quick. Next season same thing pool was perfect! This year my cover fell in the pool and took my clean water back to a swamp. I shocked, added muriatic acid and stabilizer. Everything is balanced and the water is very blue but very very cloudy! Is it possible that even though my sand is only two years old, the bad water conditions have wore it out? I have had the filter on 24/7 for the past 4 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.