Cloudy water

Jul 14, 2017
Davisburg, MI
Hi all. We bought a Polygroup Summerwaves Elite easy-setup pool about a month ago. After some heavy rains, it looked a little green. I started lots of chlorine and shocked it twice and kept vacuuming. It looks like all the algae is out now but my water is cloudy. I know my Ph and alkalinity is "very high" on the test strip, so I just bought some muriatic acid to put in there. Once I get the PH and alkalinity down, do you think the water will clear up or should I shock it one more time?
If you recommend shock one more time, how long between adding the acid do I add the shock?
Thanks for any help!!!

Darn it!!! I forgot to buy bleach when I bought the acid. One more trip to the store LOL
I'll get the testing kit you recommended thank you. Right now, all I have is the guessing strip :D. That should work for a "general" idea until the other comes in right?

One of the HTH 6-way OTO drop test kits from Wal Mart would be a better option than guess strips. But even those run about $35 IIRC, and if cost is an issue for you, you're better off putting that money toward one of our recommended test kits.

A shock is a one-time event. But your pool needs a regular addition of chlorine every day, not just once or twice a week. Until you get a test kit, I'd add 1/2 gal of 8.25% laundry bleach each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.