Cloudy water wont uncloudy ..

Hard doesnt begin to cover it. Its killing me that I cant swim.

Not that I have any delusions that anyone cares BUT ... this is the undertaking that I have put upon myself .. Ease.

First pic is the area behind the pool before the frame was put up. That was about 2 weeks ago.

Second pic is just of the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 142
First pic is about halfway done the deck boards. Second pic is almost done the deck boards. that was about 4 days about. Havent done much since *blush*

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 142
Butterfly said:
Decking coming along great :cheers:

What are the recent water test results? Pool is definitely getting clearer :-D

Indeed. I have almost finished the deck boards. I ran out. I started another side project in the basement on a rainy day.

Ive started putting together the railings. Im gonna need more 2x4's and ballusters. So when I pick up my next load of wood, I'll finish off the deck boards and finish the railings. That should be by July ... 2015 :p

Latest test results were from this morning. I havent taken any this afternoon but kept the FC up. I'll test after the sun goes down.

Like I said (and as you can see) the water is pretty clear. Not sparkly but pretty clear. Not sure whats safe or not to swim in. There was no FC drop over night and the CC is less than .5. So we are getting there :D

Butterfly said:
That should be by July ... 2015 :p
Yeah, like your kids would let you wait :mrgreen:

Now, about swimmin'. If the pH is in the 7's, CC .5 or less, FC is between shock level and minimum for the CYA level, and your pool is clear enough to see all the kids, then swim and enjoy :-D

haha. Just the one wee lad. He keeps my hands (and therapists wallet) full enough *twitch twitch*

REALLY? :O I havent tested the ph in a few days but last I checked, it was normal.

As for my CYA level .. I looked at the chart in your signature. For a SWG pool, the lowest it lists there is 60ppm. Im only at about 35. Should I raise it to 60? I have enough stabilizer to do so, I believe. If so ... if I understand correctly, as long as the FC is between 3 and 24 (assuming a 60 CYA level), all is well?

The water is definitely clear enough to see bottom. Just not sparkly clear. When I put the vacuum pole in, I can definitely see the base/brush thingy of it. Are you telling me that I couldve used my pool today? Ya know, whilst I was sweaty my .. well .. sweating A LOT today? lololol If your answer is yes, be warned .. my therapist is getting a phone call and that'll be on your conscience ;)

EDIT: latest results:

FC: 14
CC: 0.25
PH: 7.4
TA: 90
CYA: 35 or so

haha. Just the one wee lad. He keeps my hands (and therapists wallet) full enough *twitch twitch*

REALLY? :O I havent tested the ph in a few days but last I checked, it was normal.
pH is prob still just fine. Don't worry about it.

ETA: Don't test pH when FC is over 10 because it will skew the test to read a false higher number. Your pH was fine when you started the shock, so it should be fine now.

As for my CYA level .. I looked at the chart in your signature. For a SWG pool, the lowest it lists there is 60ppm. Im only at about 35. Should I raise it to 60?
No, do not increase the CYA until you are completely done shocking. See red lines in my sig. I have enough stabilizer to do so, I believe.

If so ... if I understand correctly, as long as the FC is between 3 and 24 (assuming a 60 CYA level), all is well?
Your present CYA level is 35 and the FC min and shock level are based on the CURRENT CYA level. So, as long as the FC is between 3 and about 15, you are good to swim (since CC is .5 or less and you can see clearly enough in the pool to rescue if needed.)

The water is definitely clear enough to see bottom. Just not sparkly clear. When I put the vacuum pole in, I can definitely see the base/brush thingy of it. Are you telling me that I couldve used my pool today?
Well, sure sounds like it. Well, um, yeah :-D remember, do not kill the messenger. :wink:
Ya know, whilst I was sweaty my .. well .. sweating A LOT today? lololol If your answer is yes, be warned .. my therapist is getting a phone call and that'll be on your conscience ;)
Happy swims :whoot:

Butterfly said:

pH is prob still just fine. Don't worry about it.

ETA: Don't test pH when FC is over 10 because it will skew the test to read a false higher number. Your pH was fine when you started the shock, so it should be fine now.

As for my CYA level .. I looked at the chart in your signature. For a SWG pool, the lowest it lists there is 60ppm. Im only at about 35. Should I raise it to 60?
No, do not increase the CYA until you are completely done shocking. See red lines in my sig. I have enough stabilizer to do so, I believe.

If so ... if I understand correctly, as long as the FC is between 3 and 24 (assuming a 60 CYA level), all is well?
Your present CYA level is 35 and the FC min and shock level are based on the CURRENT CYA level. So, as long as the FC is between 3 and about 15, you are good to swim (since CC is .5 or less and you can see clearly enough in the pool to rescue if needed.)

The water is definitely clear enough to see bottom. Just not sparkly clear. When I put the vacuum pole in, I can definitely see the base/brush thingy of it. Are you telling me that I couldve used my pool today?
Well, sure sounds like it. Well, um, yeah :-D remember, do not kill the messenger. :wink:
Ya know, whilst I was sweaty my .. well .. sweating A LOT today? lololol If your answer is yes, be warned .. my therapist is getting a phone call and that'll be on your conscience ;)
Happy swims :whoot:

Ok. Well the PH seems a low then. Its reading 7.4. If the high FC will cause a high PH, then my PH is likely a bit low. I'll keep an eye on it over the next 48 hours.

CYA: Right 35 now. Im at 14, so Im ok to swim (as I am between 3 and 15). I figure its getting late so I will see what happens to the FC over night. Im assuming I wont drop more than one since I didnt last night. If I stay the same and I am done shocking, SHOULD I raise my CYA level a bit? Or leave it as is?

As for swimming today .. where were you at 8am, eastern standard time? :p I kid, I kid. Im not telling my son this news either. Im gonna tease him by saying "oh im just gonna work on the deck ...." and SPLASSSSSH! *muahahahahahhhh*

Your pH is just fine. Do not be concerned about it at all.

Leave the CYA as it is until after you are completely done shocking - and this includes the pool water being clear and not cloudy :)

I can hear the splasssssssssssssshhh from here already :lol: :lol:

p.s. Where was I at 8 AM EST? Here :mrgreen: In fact, I came in around 6 ish. :shock:

Butterfly said:
Your pH is just fine. Do not be concerned about it at all.

Leave the CYA as it is until after you are completely done shocking - and this includes the pool water being clear and not cloudy :)

I can hear the splasssssssssssssshhh from here already :lol: :lol:

p.s. Where was I at 8 AM EST? Here :mrgreen: In fact, I came in around 6 ish. :shock:

Woot. Thats allllll good news my friend :)

6am? Oye. Ok, youre off the hook :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's looking about the same. A weee bit cloudy. I stopped shocking and turned on my swg. FC is holding around 4. Cc is at 0. Haven't been able to use the pool yet as it's been raining off and on the last few days. Figures eh? :p. Two weeks of awesome weather ... No pool. Pool gets ready ... Poop weather. Doh!

So. Hopefully I'll be able to take a dip soon :)

Haven't updated the thread as there has been nothing to update with :(

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone. Went for my first swim last night and it was awesome.

Water is still not 100% sparkly but it still looks great.

I'll have another question in the next few days but for now ... Thank you so much :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.