Cloudy water after iron removal

Jun 15, 2018
Midland, GA
I did a citric acid treatment on Thursday evening using about 7 pounds for my 27000 gal pool. It took about 36 hours but Saturday morning the pool was the clearest and cleanest it has ever been. Added pro team metal magic as sequestrant and continued to run filter. Before starting I brought FC down below 1 and PH to 7.2 and added polyquat 60 to cover during low chlorine. Sunday pool still looks amazing that evening and Monday we got about an inch of rain and Monday afternoon pool is white and cloudy. Started working on FC and got to 1 last night with 3 gallons 10% bleach ran short on Borax so PH still sitting at 6.8 overnight. This afternoon pool still seems just as cloudy barely able to see bottom step. FC back to 0 so I have added another gallon of bleach and started the SWCG at my normal rate. Pump is running at high speed since beginning the process and filter pressure has not really moved.
Question is how long should I expect this to stay cloudy? Is there a way to speed it along without using a floc which I gather is bad? I was planning to have some folks over to swim Saturday and I would really like for the pool to look as good as it did last Saturday.

current test
FC 0
PH 6.8
TA 50
CYA 50
CH 250

A couple follow up questions-
My CYA needs to Come up to 60 per my SWG instructions, how soon can I do the increase?
was planning to add Borates using Pro Team Supreme plus which from what I gather increases TA so I was leaving it alone for now is this ok? How soon could I add the borates?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.