Cloudy water after cleaning

meshu0

May 27, 2022
Chicago
So every time I brush or use the robot, I go from crystal clear water to really cloudy (can't see the main drain) I come back the next day or two, and the water is crystal clear again.

I already slammed, passed OCLT, no CC. Picture attached is before cleaning, zoomed into the main drain on a 11 foot deep pool... After cleaning, I dump in an extra gallon of 12.5% to be safe, but I don't know if I really need to. I also have a suction side air leak on my main drain, am down one skimmer, the pool is painted and the paint is chipping off quite badly on the fiberglass walls and concrete floor.

So I guess my question is, can the cloudy water be a normal part of cleaning a pool and not a reason to slam? I feel like the robot/brush is just stirring up so much Crud, it takes my sand filter a while to clear the water again.

Thanks for the help!
PoolMath Logs

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 15
Cloudy water is NOT a normal part of cleaning a pool.

You said your paint is chipping off, could be the vacuum is scrubbing off paint clouds that your filter then struggles to clear.

Looking at your pool math, it does not look like you did a proper slam, unless you didn't log all additions? Maybe do another oclt to be sure. If you don't pass then SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Yea, I just deal with it, never had to SLAM again. The cloudiness has seemed to decrease after cleaning as the season goes on. I suspect it was the paint rubbing off a little bit contributing to the normal dirt/stuff at the beginning of the season. Not something I worry about as long as it is clear before cleaning anymore...

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.