Cloudy pool

Jun 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hi,
I'm new to this site, but have recently been reading a lot on what people have been saying about their pools and found this site terrific. I have been trying to follow what Pool School recommends but I am stumped now on what's happening with my pool.

my pool was crystal clear 1 week ago until I started vacuuming it out. There is soooo much pollen in my pool it's ridiculous. As I was vacuuming I noticed that it started to get cloudy and it still is.

these are my pool results.
FC 4.79 ppm
TC. 4.79 ppm
CC. 0 ppm
pH 7.6
Hardness 152 ppm
Alkalinity 74 ppm
CYA 55 ppm
Copper 0 ppm
Iron 0.1 ppm

so....could my pool be cloudy because of the pollen or based on the Chlorine /Cya chart should I be adding chlorine to match my CYA number....? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Nothing in your numbers to indicate a problem,

Cloudy pools clear up with filtration, vacuuming and brushing.

Are you running the pump 24/7?

Brushing often?

Vacuuming often?

Backwashing as needed?

Thx for your reply. My pool is 18 x 52 and I run my sand filter only 6 hours a day. I just back washed yesterday and it looked like it needed it....the water seems to be moving more freely now. Perhaps that was the problem? I added a. It more chlorine in it jic.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, those numbers are from the store. I should really buy this kit you are speaking about. It would be more accurate I'm sure. Thx for everyone's input. :cool:

Yes, others in your part of the country get the Taylor K2006 because it is the only one available - but at a substantial cost from what I hear. Many of us use the TF-100, but they do not ship it to Canada. Best option would be to take a vacation down south. :) Either way, do all you can to get your own test kit. The store tests are unpredictable and typically incorrect. Good luck on clearing the water, and keep in touch if you need anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.