Cloudy pool

May 30, 2018
Cynthiana KY
Got a quick question. Our 30' saltwater pool is just a little cloudy and doesn't seem to want to clear up. I opened and slammed last weekend. Here are my numbers. I was going to do another overnight test tonight. Also should I remove the solar cover to help lower the FC?

FC 7.5
CC 3.5
Alk 80
pH 7.5
Cal 0
Cya 55

No need to lower FC but do follow the SLAM Process in detail. Removing the cover during the day would lower your CCs and give you another data point in your overnight loss diagnosis. 3.5ppm is up there for CCs and indicates your FC is hard at work.
Also there is no 55ppm CYA as the scale is logarithmic so use 60ppm as your CYA level. Keep on it, this will all be over soon.

No need to lower FC but do follow the SLAM Process in detail. Removing the cover during the day would lower your CCs and give you another data point in your overnight loss diagnosis. 3.5ppm is up there for CCs and indicates your FC is hard at work.
Also there is no 55ppm CYA as the scale is logarithmic so use 60ppm as your CYA level. Keep on it, this will all be over soon.
Do you think I should get the pH down to 7.2 or so?

Having a pH at 7.5 is not a problem
Start with the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight following all the steps. If you fail tonight's test then you will need to gear up for a SLAM Process. If you need to SLAM and raise your FC above 10ppm then the pH drop test is no longer accurate and is why you want to be in the lower 7s prior. One thing at a time, diagnose your cloudy water situation tonight then develop an action plan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.