Cloudy pool

Closee

May 25, 2020
Charlotte,N.C.
We just opened our pool for the first time in over a year. Spent two weeks getting leaves and debris out. I have been trying to SLAM it but it is so cloudy still. I tried to Floc it overnight but no change. These are my numbers which are now way off:
FC:16
CC: 0
Ph: 6.8
CYA: 20

Have not put chlorine in since last night. Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Let's go over a few things since you are new to ensure we all see the same thing:
- What test kit are you using?
- Update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info; test kit too.
- What are you using for chlorine?
- No need to use floc or clarifiers. If they hit your filter, it makes things much worse.
- Have you added anything else other than just chlorine and that one floc?
- Do you have a ladder, hollow steps, a niche behind a light, or a main drain? If so, all of those need to be inspected, removed, or exposed as applicable.

Let's start with that and go from there.

I have used 12 lb chlorine granules and then 3 gallons liquid chlorine 2 days ago. Ladder has been pulled out and there are just the steps that are part of the pool. Also threw in a couple chlorine tabs in the skimmer since my cya so low. Also, I didn’t include it before but Alkalinity is currently 30. I have a sand filter and am using a Taylor DPD-FSA testing kit.

Definitely remove the tabs now. They should never go in the skimmer and are very strong (acidic), making your pH and TA fall way too low. No more bags of shock or anything like that from the pool store. Stick to just liquid chlorine or regular bleach. If you are sure the CYA is low, just pick-up some granular stabilizer and soak it in a sock. See below. Just add enough to increase the CYA by 10 ppm. If tomorrow you find the TA and pH low, add some baking soda to increase the TA. Try to get the TA to the 60-80 range. Other than that, it's all about the details on the SLAM ProcessSLAM Process

Reactions: Closee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.