Cloudy Pool Water

00xavier

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2013
Melrose, NY
I just opened my vinyl lined pool a week ago. I have added chlorine multiple times, but it is dissipating faster than I can add it. The pool water is still very cloudy. What do I need to do to make the water clear? Thanks.

FC -0
CYA - 20
PH -7.7
TA -73
CH -50

This late in the season, I suspect you have a strong organic load consuming that chlorine. You'll have to stay aggressive and consistent. First lower the pH to about 7.2. Your CYA may be different than 20 since the test tube doesn't really record evenly below 30. A CYA of 30 is ideal. Then increase the FC to "12" and test it often at first to ensure it's holding relatively well. You might have to test about 15 minutes after adding (regular) bleach, but eventually the intervals will spread-out once it holds. Then follow the SLAM Process page for best success until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.