Cloudy pool- and very faintly greenish.. Is it algae?

Gregadaka

Jan 25, 2019
Florida
Two weeks ago, I took out my Haywood filter cartridge and hosed it down. It was due a clean as the the pressure had gone up to > 25%. I put it back in after the thorough wash. The water has become slightly cloudy since then. It also appears to have a tinge of green. I tested the chlorine and TC was 6. I poured in some pool bleach -just in case it was algae. TC went up to 16, but the cloudiness didn't change and nor did the colour of the water. TC is now 7. Is it algae? should I SLAM the pool?

Thanks!
ps. my pool chemistry is on pool math. How do I attach the latest results to this thread?

Your FC/CYA ratio looks good over the last month, but I see 2 months ago it was at FC of 0. I'm guessing that let something get started and your FC has just been keeping it at bay the last month.

I would SLAM, which is going to be quite high at a CYA of 90. You can consider draining some to get your CYA down a bit and save some chlorine.

Keep testing daily for a while and make sure the FC stays on target. Then after a couple of weeks you can cut back to every few days to test. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.