Cloudy again

Apr 17, 2018
overland park, ks
We swam last night and the pool was perfect. Woke up this morning and cloudy again!! I just got done with a slam 2 weeks ago. I passed all 3 tests but one thing I noticed was some slime on the sides in a few areas. I guess this should have gone away if I was really done with the slam. Started my slam again. pH is 7.0, FC 0.0, CYA 60. Target 24.

I have infloor cleaners and I am thinking of getting a robot to clean the sides since obviously I am not good about getting all of the algae. Any recommendations?

We swam last night and the pool was perfect. Woke up this morning and cloudy again!! I just got done with a slam 2 weeks ago. I passed all 3 tests but one thing I noticed was some slime on the sides in a few areas. I guess this should have gone away if I was really done with the slam. Started my slam again. pH is 7.0, FC 0.0, CYA 60. Target 24.

I have infloor cleaners and I am thinking of getting a robot to clean the sides since obviously I am not good about getting all of the algae. Any recommendations?
Recommendations for a robot? No. I'm a Luddite.

Recommendations is general: Yes. Brush real good while you ponder the purchase of a robot. If you don't have a wall whale or one of the knockoffs with the wing, get one. Since algae came back real fast, there had to be some residual lurking. If you didn't pull the light last time, now is the time to do it. And run everything periodically during the SLAM so the superchlorinated water gets everywhere.

Wall whale:
98xc600-WallWhale.jpg

Hello!

Yeah! Your initially SLAM wasn't fully complete since you noticed slime on the sides in a few areas in your pool. Thus, start your SLAM again and make sure to leave your pump running 24hours. Maintain your FC shock level while SLAMing. Brush the walls and get beneath those ladders too..algae like to hide there..brush brush brush. Once you're done SLAMing, make sure your remain within your target FC level...which is dependent on your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.