Closing what to do with stairs

DoDo1975

May 22, 2020
Kelowna, Canada
I am closing my pool but unsure what to do with my steps, which are molded outside of the pool. Last year I put some OSB over them before tarping but wind kept getting under. Do I need to something to protect them and tarp all at the level of deck?

Do u use water bags /sand bags to weigh down the sides of the cover? That should be sufficient so long as the cover is long enough to go past them completely.
Are they fiberglass steps?

My friend/neighbor has a rectangular pool with steps that “stick out” from the rectangle & uses a tarp style cover w/ water bags. He just pulls the cover over them & lines the area with the bags/ weights. You still want the cover to rest on the water otherwise it will be pulled loose when it fills with rain. If your cover isn’t oversized this might not be as easy.
We live in the south & he never pumps his cover until he’s ready to open - some water on the cover prevents flapping in the wind I suppose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.