Clorox 4in1 pool shock and cya

I have a 25000 gallon pool and the cya is low - 20ppm. According to PoolMath adding 16 oz of dichlor raises CYA by 2.4. The dichlor I have is Clorox 4 in 1 pool shock which, on the label, is 58.2% dichlor. Am I correct in assuming that 16oz of this product will raise CYA by 2.4 (the value given by PoolMath) x .582 = 1.40 ppm and FC by 2.7 x .582 = 1.57 ppm?

If you need to raise your CYA it's best to do it using granulated or liquid CYA. Liquid is pricey, so most of us use the granular form. Weigh out whatever PoolMath says you need to raise your CYA to the level you want, pour it into a white sick or panty hose, then tie it off and hang it in front of your pool's return outlet. Give it a good squeeze every now and then until all the CYA is dissolved.

That's a better way to add CYA. Liquid chlorine is also a better way to add chlorine, too...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.