Clorinator not generating! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Jun 26, 2011
I have added salt and cleaned my generator and now BOTH the check salt and inspect cell lights are lit up and not generating clorine.

My readings are as follows:
65p
AL - 0
L - 15

Can anyone please help me??
thanks!!!

Dawn Moreau
Hayward Aquarite Goldline clorinator
t- 15 cell
Gunite pool

When you cleaned the cell, was there any sign of crusty white deposits? Also, how old is the cell?

Low salt readings and check salt errors are often signs that the cell is wearing out. Typically a cell lasts three to five years, though that varies somewhat.

Bama, that is an AquaRite diagnostic readout: average salt, temp, voltage, amperage, desired output %, instant salt, product code, software revision.

dawnmichela, the water test results Bama suggested will be helpful.

The reading my Aqua Rite was giving for salt was 1000 and when I brought it to Leslie's 2 weeks ago it was reading 4000 for them. We left for vacation and just came back yesterday to a pool with Algae and my chlorinator saying it is not generating. My Aqua Rite is 5 years old. When my husband cleaned it out earlier today, there was a little white deposits, but he cleaned it and removed all of it. Is there any way of me knowing for sure if it is dead before buying a new one?

from my experience in the service field on the goldline chlorinators, it seems to me you have a bad board not a bad cell if you remove the board you will prolly see a failed capacitor in the RZ position on the board. thats why it gives you no Amperage after you scroll through the systems water temp, and voltage. i may be wrong but 90 percent of the time in my experience anyway its the board and not the cell.

My readings are as follows:
1100----> salt level reading,the cell saves a reading every like 2 hours or something cant remember
90-------> water temp
30.6------> volatage through cell
0.0------->amps through cell, should be between 3 and 6 amps, this is why i think its the board
65p-------> parts per million chlorine generated
-0--------> instant salt reading what you are reading that very second,nothing in this case cause cell isnt chlorinatiing
AL - 0 ----> haha dont remember this one
1.55------> board software version
L - 15----> this is should read T not L as it it the T-Cell 15 you have installed

btw im new here WOOT!!

Chenderson84, welcome to TFP!
Chenderson84 said:
65p-------> parts per million chlorine generated
That is 65 percent, as in the cell is energized 65% of the time the pump is running.

Chenderson84 said:
AL - 0 ----> haha dont remember this one
Model/brand. AL-0 is the AquaRite standard unit. They sell the same unit under several other brand names, and this code will be different depending on the branding.

It could be the board, no harm in checking, but board problems usually result in an average salt level of zero, while this one is reading an average level of 1100. Also, amps will be zero while you have a low salt error, so that doesn't tell us anything for sure. On the other hand, it tested fine at the pool store, which does suggest a board problem rather than a cell problem. On yet another hand, the cell is older, and these are the symptoms of a failing cell. But then it tested as alright at the store. So certainly worth looking at the circuit board and seeing if any of the components are blackened or look burnt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.