Cleaning saga continues

Kurt/Shelley

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2017
Valley Springs CA
Quick synopsis regarding opening pool, pool cover tore during wind storm and leaves, debris, sediment all settled in pool. Opened 2 weeks ago, vacuumed, scrubbed, shocked, repeat daily. There is a dead spot in the center where everything accumulates, spot is probably 8" dia., tonight I vacuumed and per the pictures there are what looks like small worms. Every morning I add chlorine and brush, in the evening I vacuum, scrub and add bleach. FC at night around 25, in the morning around 18, add chlorine to about 30, at night when I get home around 12 to 15. Water was cloudy and finally cleared. Thinking maybe I need to replace the sand in filter. Any insight would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20210513_181330.jpg
    20210513_181330.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210513_181315.jpg
    20210513_181315.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 16
Every year in the spring for several weeks my pool surface collects millions of tiny (1-3mm) flying insects, thrips. They can only be viewed on the surface in the right light. Many of the thrips get pulled off with the skimmer and will foul my skimmer hair nets in only 3 to 4 days. Without the skimmer hair nets they would be fouling my DE filter. Many of these thrips also sink to the bottom of the pool and collect in select areas and are removed with the fine filters in my bot. When I first noticed this a couple of years ago I assumed these masses on the bottom were algae and was perplexed as my chemistry was TFP perfect. After collecting the debris, first with a turkey baster and later with a long 1/2 pvc pipe capped with my thumb then siphoned up, I examined them under a scope and discovered they were thrips. Not sure this is your issue, just telling you my story. :cheers:

If you can modify your dosing schedule a little bit, once when you wake up, once when you get home, once at bedtime and hit it hard on your day off that would speed things up a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.