Cleaned cart filters for 1st time

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
So our pool has been running for right about 3 months. I cleaned the cartridges for the first time today. It seemed like the rear two filters were dirtier than the front two. Has anyone else noticed this or is it even possible? We have the Hayward swimclear C4025.
I was very pleased with how easy the whole process was.
Thanks

I have the same filter and usually the two filters closest to the ports are the dirtiest which is what you might expect. Why the rear two are in your case, I do not know but it could be because the front two got clogged with plaster after the build so the back two had to pick up the slack for normal dirt. After a TSP soak, an acid soak might be in order.

mas985 said:
I have the same filter and usually the two filters closest to the ports are the dirtiest which is what you might expect. Why the rear two are in your case, I do not know but it could be because the front two got clogged with plaster after the build so the back two had to pick up the slack for normal dirt. After a TSP soak, an acid soak might be in order.

Thanks for the feed back. Good point about the plaster. I'll let it run for another three months or so and see if I get the same results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.