CircuPool RJ45+ thumbs up, but be prepared...

JonoVegas

Oct 6, 2018
Las Vegas NV
My experiences with the CircuPool SWG RJ45+ and yes at this time I can recommend it!

Time will tell and I am hoping to get many, many years out of the cell with careful attention to my pool chemicals, and periodic cleaning of the cell.

TFP has been a great source of information, guidance, tips etc. and I certainly relied on TFP when selecting this particular SWG. Discount Salt Pools, the supplier has been pretty good with their support.

My comments/tips in no particular order (it took me 6+ weeks before I felt the SWG was working properly. Lots of overnight chem tests, logging of results, etc.) Note, perhaps I am just slow…. I did install this myself (plumbing / electric can be pretty easy depending on your setup).

• Salt measurement readings by the SWG need to be taken as a “grain of salt” J especially during your first few weeks with the SWG. The SWG readings will be wrong. Pool store reading won’t be consistent. Get a Taylor salt test kit and rely on those numbers. However be prepared to really understand your salt readings, If you have any issues with your unit, the SWG vendor will ask for the SWG salt readings, the SWG vendor will want pool store salt measurements. So if you have any issues with your SWG unit be ready to do a “salt measurements dance with the vendor”. Only trust your K 1766 salt readings! After about 6 weeks of SWG running and my water temps consistently in the 80’s the SWG salt readings are getting more accurate.
  • Water temperature the SWG definitely has a minimum water temp in which it will operate (generate CL) and that is made very clear, however I believe from my experience that the SWG will be much more effective in CL production when the water temperatures are at least in the upper 70’s preferably minimum 80. No scientific proof on this one just my personal experience. So it took me several weeks early in the season with water temp above the minimum but still was not producing the expected CL. Now that I am always above 80 the SWG production is great.

• Phosphates, of course the science on this one is questionable BUT the SWG vendor will insist on the Phosphates being zero of near zero. So even if you know Phosphates don’t really impact the SWG you have to address the Phosphate count or the vendor won’t really support you. Mine was minimal but I had to get it to zero to eliminate that as a potential issue with the vendor.

• SWG model # / SWG %’s / pump run times / chlorine consumption / pool size / pool chems; Sure once things are balanced an SWG can be pretty much set and forget if for a week or two at a time. But it’s a process to get “balanced”. I always felt very comfortable with my Taylor test kit for pool chemical results, but I had a learning curve with the other variables (1,2,3 listed above) before my SWG was producing the expected chlorine amounts. It’s not rocket science but you need to familiarize yourself with the variables (unless it all works out of the box for you the first time).

• Cleaning the cell, even though my unit was brand new, the vendor had me clean the cell to eliminate that as a potential problem. Bottom line, it’s very easy to clean the cell.
Bottom line: I really like having a SWG, the CircuPool RJ45+ is great (as long as the cell lasts me 5+ years). It’s close to set and forget, once you get past the “settle in time”. Of course periodic checking of the chems is important but I believe more a weekly to every other week now with my SWG.

I’m waiting for mine to arrive and it’s replacing an old non-working but still installed Aquapure 1400. I have some salt in my pool l, not sure how much and will have to do some plumbing to get the RJ-45 installed. Looking forward to it. One obstacle is my broken leg and crutches but I will persevere!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.