Jul 3, 2014
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I just discovered this evening that the buttons on my 5 year old Circupool RJ45 SWG are no longer working. The display still works and the unit functions but pressing the power button, holding the OK button and all other buttons results in no response. I took the controller apart and checked that the connector between the front panel and the main controller was connected (it was a little loose) but that didn't fix the problem. Has anyone else run into this? Has anyone dealt with Circupool on warranty or parts issues? I don't want to pay $500 or whatever the pro-rated warranty price for a new controller is if a $20 circuit board will fix it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Update for anyone interested or future readers:

My wife talked to Circupool today. They said this is typically a problem with the keyboard. They will send a replacement for ~$50 and we'll see if that fixes it.

In the meantime, the system is now stuck with a water flow error despite there being plenty of flow. I don't know if this is related or just a coincidence. The cell could be nearing the end of its working life. I estimate about 10K hours on it and it is spec'd for 15K. I had suggested to my wife that we get RJ60 electrodes if this one does need replacing so we can run our pump for less time, but she said the guy on the phone mentioned the RJ60 electrodes aren't compatible with the RJ45. Is that really the case?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.