Cinder block pool/spa

TurboTronix

Oct 1, 2020
Canada
So I am thinking of building my own 6'X10'X4' small pool/spa from cinder blocks. I saw tons of ideas online but have a few questions:

1) what cement mix should be used for the floor (will this be the same cement mix for finishing the walls afterwards)? what cement mix to fill the cinder blocks (will have a rebar system)?
2) I've heard that the first cinder block row has to be cement footed, is that basically creating a cement layer and adding the cinder block into it?
2) what's the best waterproofing material for cinder blocks?
3) I know how to pipe a pool but have no idea how to pipe a spa system (from my understanding it has both water and air in/out). Is there a place to get more info (step by step style maybe)?
4) Can any type of tiling be used? I noticed most use either glass or porcelain tiles for finishing.
5) does adding a waterfall change anything in terms of the overall system (i.e. power flow)?
6) is there a way to stop the spa jets so that the pool only acts as a pool (I'm guessing some kind of an electric valve)?

latham_718_sm.jpg

Reactions: tanyalyn2003
2. Yes, and run rebar down the blocks into the cement footing.
3. Plaster; or tile if you're really a sucker for punishment.

The main challenge is getting the shell to be one solid unit that won't separate at any joints/seams.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.