Choosing Pebble TEC color

Pharmgatr

Jul 9, 2022
Central Florida
Hello, We are building a new pool and builder uses Pebble TEC. We want the water color to show blue. Our choices which are included in the price quote are Tahoe Blue, Caribbean Blue, Sandy Beach, White Pearl in the original and Blue Granite, Desert Gold, and White Diamonds on the Pebble Sheen. We have a small backyard so the pool is not big but we were able to have a pool shelf. Any input and/or pictures would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! Nancy

Hiya Nancy, welcome to TFP :wave:

Here are some posts of others pool finishes and colors...

Another option is to use the "Search" option at the top of the page, enter in each color you want to find one at a time, and then pick the "Google" option and it will bring up older TFP posts that mention that color and may have pictures.

Here are some other links to help you with your new pool -
Pool Care Basics

Maddie 🐞

Since the achieved color is more a function of reflection of light, I would first determine how much full sun your pool is going to get. A tree or fence shaded intended blue comes out more it's original grey base than reflects back blue. Best is to find some sample pools from your PB and schedule to visit their recent builds to see them. That's what we did, and folks are very welcoming to have you come look.

So apologies I've only had my 2nd pool going a minute and have been busy in the aftermath starting to put the yard back together. I plan on piecing together a more detailed collage at some point for your exact question, because the specific color is SO not that important. I have blazing sky over my pool and it should be as consistent as possible and it's still all over the place.

Full sun with the left side shading itself :

20220628_151546.jpg

These next two are the same moment in time changing view 90 degrees :

20220623_200419.jpg
20220623_200442.jpg

Same moment in time looking near and far:

20220628_194009.jpg20220628_193948.jpg

Windy/overcast day :

20220624_074420.jpg

Daybreak with sun hidden in some perfectly placed clouds, making the sky yellow

20220729_062001.jpg

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I have seen a few dozen other shades ranging from electric blue to ink black as the sun goes down.

This liner is much lighter than our old dark navy blue liner and they overlap 90% of the shades. All you have to do is get in the general ballpark of your preferred color and you'll see it and 52 other variations you also like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxophilite
More fun today. I was cleaning out the garage and stumbled across my old liner scraps.

Here is the new and old side by side, and old pics which show colors I see with the new. Many of the shades overlap between the two. The time of day, season, and type of weather that day have way more to do with the color you'll see than the finish.

20220712_104441.jpg

Screenshot_20220712-105238_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220712-104909_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.