lmartins6746

Jun 6, 2018
Simpsonville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My 1HP Hawyard Superpump is effectively dead.

The pool is about 20-25k gallons. I have chlorine injection via stenner pump. I believe leaking from the stenner caused corrosion and the premature demise of my pump. I am going to relocate the stenner to try an remedy that.

I am looking for a new pump that will work well with automation. For automation I want to be able to start/stop/schedule/change speeds on the pump. I also want to be able start/stop the stenner. Maybe control pool or landscape lights and maybe in the future a heater.

I don't care much about the UI on the equipment. I need to be able do to everything via an app. I have strong wifi at the equipment.

Will the pentair intelliconnect + intelliflo VS meet my needs? my plumbing is 1.5 inch and this pump supports 2 inch connections...is it ok to reduce?

Are there cheaper alternatives? I looked into the superflo but it didn't integrate well with the intelliconnect

Someone will be along to comment on the Inteliflo (I'm sure it does what you want) but I want to suggest you also go with a SWCG with the equipment upgrade and lose the stenner.

The IntelliConnect is compatible with IntelliFlo pumps. It doesn't work SuperFlo VS/VST models.

The IntelliConnect won't control valve actuators, but you probably know that. You should be able to control the Stenner and a future heater.

The IntelliConnect is a pretty good value for Pentair automation.

I just saw this in the manual. It looks like a couple versions of the IntelliFlo and the IntelliPro don't work with IntelliConnect:

IntelliConnect is not compatible with IntelliFlo VF (P/N 011012), IntelliFlo VS (P/N 011013) and IntelliPro VS (P/N P6E6T4H-209L) pumps.

I just saw this in the manual. It looks like a couple versions of the IntelliFlo and the IntelliPro don't work with IntelliConnect:

IntelliConnect is not compatible with IntelliFlo VF (P/N 011012), IntelliFlo VS (P/N 011013) and IntelliPro VS (P/N P6E6T4H-209L) pumps.
Interesting, I will have to be careful

It looks like the newer SuperFlo VST does work with IntelliConnect. However it seems the T is for Trade Grade and that is only available at brick and mortar stores. Do I have that right?

It looks like the newer SuperFlo VST does work with IntelliConnect. However it seems the T is for Trade Grade and that is only available at brick and mortar stores. Do I have that right?
Unfortunately, the SuperFlo pumps don't work with IntelliConnect via the RS-485 connection. From the SuperFlo Manual Page 5:

Note: IntelliConnect® Control and Monitoring Systems can NOT externally control this pump via RS-485. The pump will need to be connected via digital inputs. Refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.
I would be nice if they'd include that in the IntelliConnect manual.

Reactions: guinness
This is what I see in the Superflo manual

SuperFlo VST and SuperMax VS pumps can be
externally controlled by most Pentair control systems
via an RS-485 connection using the RS-485 Automation
Wiring Kit (P/N 356324Z - Black). The pump address
and other settings can be programmed from the pump's
keypad. See External Control via RS-485, page 5

Maybe the 'most' is what disqualifies the intelliconnect.

Maybe the 'most' is what disqualifies the intelliconnect.
I believe so. The "Note" I posted above appears right after the quote you posted.

Here's a thread from someone that found out the hard way:

I believe so. The "Note" I posted above appears right after the quote you posted.

Here's a thread from someone that found out the hard way:

ah yes, I read that thread the other day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.