Chlorine pucks or Salt water chlorine generators?

PotatoChicken

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
In my opinion I prefer to have chlorine generators! I do have a chlorine puck dispenser but I have heard it is better for you to use the chlorine generator. I agree with that because I have a chlorine puck and whenever I used it all of the chlorine would dispense to the bottom and it wouldn’t disolve ! Let me know which one you prefer✌️😁 :kim:

SWG.

A puck feeder adds CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water and on and on until you can't add enough FC fast enough and you get algae and the CYA level is so high that the chlorine level you need is beyond the ability of any test kit to measure. And then you have to empty the pool and start over. Except you have algae residue everywhere this time.

SWG.

A puck feeder adds CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water, which means you need to maintain a higher FC level, so you turn up the puck feeder which adds even more CYA to the water and on and on until you can't add enough FC fast enough and you get algae and the CYA level is so high that the chlorine level you need is beyond the ability of any test kit to measure. And then you have to empty the pool and start over. Except you have algae residue everywhere this time.
Thanks, I totally agree! Glad to see people on the same page! :kim: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.