Chlorine in north Dallas

May 22, 2013
Dallas, TX
Looks like we are back in the soup for chlorine this year. Aside from the fact that it has gone up over 50%, it's hard to find. Home Depot, who has one of the best prices, was sold out at Park and the ND Toll Road. Lowes has the most expensive in town, but I found some at WalMart (between Parkwood and ND Tollroad) and bought some, but it was dated mid December, 2021, over 4 months old. It's $4.60 a gallon. Does anyone have a better source? Stocking is changing daily.

In the Fort Worth area one Home Depot has 1 case and another had 2 according to the employee handheld scanner. I ended up buying 12 gallons from lowes for $5.98 a gallon. Much higher than Home Depots $18 for a case of 4. Pinch A Penny in Arlington can still fill the 2.5 gallon jugs but even they are up in price.

Many Many people are going salt water generator for this exact reason.. Both liquid chlorine and SWG have raised in price right along with solid chlorine.. They are all priced just about the same and after 5 years will be very close in cost.. The only problem with a SWG is the cost is all up front where the other 2 you pay as you go... the SWG is WAY more convenient and easy than the other 2 ways... For your size pool a 45k or 60k cell would be a perfect fit, the 45k cell would run about 12 hours or so and a 60k cell would run about 8 or so hours... :)

I am very happy with my SWG. I am helping my cousin clean up his algae pool and convert to salt. He has finally agreed to fire the pool guy he was using!

I could not find any anywhere. I bit the bullet and paid out the nose from amazon. 8 gallons for 120 bucks. My SWCG should be online soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.