Chlorine Free & Bromine Free Inflatable Spa Tub

jozawi

Feb 9, 2021
Round Lake Park, IL
I've had my intex inflatable spa tub for about a year and a half and have been using chlorine with it. Recently my husband's skin has been getting very irritated after using the spa tub. Even when we swim in a hotel pool and hot tub, his skin gets extremely dry and very itchy from the chlorine. We are looking into doing a chlorine free/bromine free spa treatment and I found some good solutions. There's a company called BAQUA SPA. This would include BAQUA Spa sanitizer with stain & scale control, BAQUA spa oxidizer, BAQUA spa water control. Does any one have a chlorine/bromine free spa tub? Is it safe? Especially on the inflatable spas! Will my filterage system be fine going this route?

Welcome to the forum!
To be honest, I have never heard of a member using Baquacil in a spa. Those that have come to the forum with it in their pool come trying to get rid of it. It is a mess in a pool.
Have you purged the spa with Ahhsome?
It is very rare for a person to have an issue with chlorine. Many people have issues with chloramines, which is a waste product from the oxidation of chlorine. Does the person have an issue with tap water? Most municipal water systems have more active chlorine in them than a properly maintained chlorine system in a spa or pool.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Last edited:
I would never set foot in a hotel pool or spa after learning about pool sanitation. Remember if you walk in and smell chlorine, that's a sign that the chlorine in the pool is overrun with Chloramines (the cooties that chlorine is breaking down) and the pool or spa actually NEEDS MORE CHLORINE!

Public pools ruled over by health departments (unlike residential ones) usually contain NO CYA stablizer. So if the chlorine is even a touch over 1-2ppm its going to be very harsh.

I would suggest you run like the wind from that horrible (and expensive!) Baqua product. Use some chlorine and a bit of CYA in the spa. When it gets funky (skin cells, body oils, sweat) just drain and refill and treat.

There are also small Safton salt water chlorine generators you can buy. We have one and like it very much. Just a bit of salt, a smidgeon of CYA and the small cell laying in the spa by cord. Easy peasy.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: jozawi
Welcome to the forum!
To be honest, I have never heard of a member using Baquacil in a spa. Those that have come to the forum with it in their pool come trying to get rid of it. It is a mess in a pool.
Have you purged the spa with Ahhsome?
It is very rare for a person to have an issue with chlorine. Many people have issues with chloramines, which is a waste product from the oxidation of chlorine. Does the person have an issue with tap water? Most municipal water systems have more active chlorine in them than a properly maintained chlorine system in a spa or pool.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thank you for the intel. What is Ahhsome? i have never heard of it. He does not have issues with tap water. I will definitely read about it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.