Chlorine Dispensing (Has to be a better way)

Regnar

Oct 30, 2016
Oldsmar/FL
It has been 4 months now and my pool has looked amazing for all of them! So what could I possibly complain about right. Well I spill Chlorine just about every other day. I use Pinch a Penny as my supplier of chlorine as the price is great and it convenient for me. The problem is I use a measuring cup to measure out what I need (32oz every other day) and poor from a 2 1/2 gallon wide mouth jug. When the jug is full it starts spilling before I can even get the jug over the measuring cup.

Is there a better way or technique? Do they make a valve for the jugs? I know about the Stenner Pump and in negotiations with accountant but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Two methods:

1) Lower jug into water and pour. No need to measure, estimation works fine.

2) Get a length of tubing (about 3/8" I.D plastic), fill with water by lowering tubing in pool, put thumb over one end, lower other end in bottle, put thumb end in water and let go. Allow bleach to flow until amount dispensed is correct. Then lift end in bottle to drain tubing. Rinse tubing in water.

Before anything, WELCOME TO TFP!

I myself commonly use 5 gallon carboys so I know just what you're saying. What I frequently do is transfer the liquid from the 5 gallon into a 1 gallon bottle that's easier to handle. Isong a 2 1/2 gallon jug however it's likely not worth your time transferring over. I myself would buy a siphon pump and just pump it out as you need it.

Check out this page: 5 Gallon 20 Liter Methoxide Biodiesel Carboys Jugs - Utah Biodiesel Supply scroll down to lids and spigots. I bought 4 of each because shipping was the same for 1, 2 or 4, and they are cheap enough that buying four didn't matter.

And they work great. Teflon tape on the threads into the cap and you can rotate the spigot to make pouring easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.