Child Safety Fence

The quotes we got were so high I was very close to buying sections of 4' mesh fence on Amazon or Ebay and paying someone to install it, but instead I found someone selling 100+ ft of the Guardian premium 5' mesh fence used on Craigslist. I then paid one of the guys who quoted me another brand to install it for about $300. I was glad I paid to have it installed rather than try myself as he had a nice tool and a $100 drill bit I would have had to pony up for.

The premium stuff they all try to sell is basically the same but has a finer mesh material so you can see through it easier and also have smaller poles so smaller holes in the deck. The more people you talk to the more you realize this almost all the same stuff with a little marketing thrown in.

These things might only last 10 years in the sun, and the guy before had it 4-5 years but it was in perfect shape. We've had it almost a year with no problems. I guess my point is see if they are for sale on Craigslist and pay someone to install it.

Also, always get a self closing gate. If you think you can just quickly detach and re-attach sections one day you are going to be lazy and forget to re-attach and something bad could happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.