Chemicals balanced, green pool!!

I haven't received my testing kit yet, but my pool is sparkling clean and free of green! Thanks to household bleach, and pool first aid! The only bad thing is the weather has been gloomy and its been raining every day. I live about 45 min south of Houston. Thank you every one who gave any input! :party: :whoot: :cheers:

I too have been dealing with new pool greenish but clear water. Tests showed lots metal. Nothing really worked until I added a product called "sink and swim" at atwoods. I now have tiny yellowish powdery looking substance at bottom of pool. The water is fairly clear. The only problem I have is the vacuum just seems to stir it up again.
We saw a "rigged up" filtering system that actually filters the water a second time as it flows thru inlet valve back into pool. It helped with the metal. We will be trying that.. please post if you figure out the vacuum trick to not stirring it all up again. But be sure and try the sink and swim

The only problem I have is the vacuum just seems to stir it up again.
Well, it has to be removed somehow. Vacuum slowly, run your filter 24/7, vacuum and brush as often as you can.

You cannot leave a layer of debris on your pool floor and expect it to go away....it won't. You must remove it even if your water gets cloudy in the process.

The sink and swim cleared your water and dropped the debris to the floor. Filtration, albeit slower, would've cleared your water and not dropped anything on your floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.